Monday, January 26, 2015

Country Good Is Good Enough For Me #pezoutlaw


When I was a child my heroes were Roy Rogers, Gabby Hayes, Gene Autry, The Lone Ranger etc.
Today My TV Favorites are Maine Cabin Masters, Fixer to Fabulous, Home Town Rescue n Fixer Upper.
Just like back then, I had to have a Roy Rogers Gun n Holster set.
Now it's a t-25 n t-15 Bosch drill driver. made me all warm n fuzzy when I realized I'd just bought the same ones used by Maine Cabin masters.
For me the Hammer shows are the new westerns of my youth.
Chase is Roy Roger n Bryan is Gabby Hayes. Bryan, please don't be offended Gabby Hayes was always my Favorite Character in any westerns.

Welcome to Country Good.
I've been making do most of my life.
This book contains what I'm told are some of my better ideas.

Over the next 5yrs I plan to expand this book a lot with all the projects The Pez Outlaw Movies Etc make possible.
Right now I'm finnishing up a new design Bale Barn for the Gabe n Monkey/horses In pasture #2.
Next I have to build another Lean to shelter for the Boys in Pasture #4. The knucleheads only have 1 n they need another one because there are 4 horses in the Boys pasture.
Now mind you this one won't be a $50 shelter like Pasture #3, that one was years of Salvage to make.
I am though hoping to bring the Boys new shelter in for $850 normally a $2,500 project.
Wish me luck on that, Oh yah I also need to finnish it before the weather gets below freezing n the snow flies.

Funny reflection on The New Lean to Shelter that I'm gonna build for the Boys.
It's gonna be a bit like NCIS Gibb's boats in his basement, How does he get them outa here.
Gonna build the Lean to Horse Shelter, in my shop then drag it into there pasture with a tractor.
So the Base can't be 10x16 ft. It will need to be 9x16ft n I will need to move the Pooper before I try to drag it out.
It's gonna be AWSOME! 

round here it's Country Good

Got an outhouse, check. 
use it all the time.

house came on wheels, you know but we took them off.

I think dirt is fun
My tractor is my off road vehicle.
I love building/contouring my property with horse manure.

I make things just to get by that city folks say I should patent. 
wasn't the point.
I love creating to solve a problem, I hate production beyond need.

I no longer desire to be rich.
I just need enough to take care of a few things.
Then I wanna live my life out in obscurity. 
Money just causes chaos, I haven't carried money in 15yrs, zero. 
Somebody ever robs me, hope he brought some money cause that's the only way he leaves with anything.

I bought 7 used tire chains for $100. Two store bought chains run $200 to $500.
Gave the front paws of my tractor some bite. 
tickles me to the bone every time my girl climbs an icy hill or grips her way through 12 inches of mud.

sick don't get the chores done

duct tape on fingers of my gloves. actually works n makes them better.
If only I could use duct tape to cure Hay Knee.
Don't think I'm not gonna give it a try.
Unlike city folk who buy holey jeans, Hay knee means my legs get cut up.
I hate throwing away good jeans just because the Hay Knee gets to bad.  

I know Duct tape is considered Redneck, but Zip Ties are the new Duct Tape.

you call plummer for backed up sewer, I am the guy covered in poo fixin it.
You got a guy, I am our guy. Well me n ole Josh.

we recycle, yup. it's called making do, reuse, find another purpose for it.

I love Hamburger Helper n The Velveeta Cheesy Skillets versions especially.

Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Chicken Bacon Ranch is the best especially if you replace the chicken w/beef.
big night out is crazy bread from Hungry Howie's

Cowboy Copas, Lefty Frizzel, Ernest Tubs, those were cool country names.

my store bought teeth set in a jar. I just don't see the point. 

Just like my old dogs Boomie, Soupy n Rudy, I keep score. 
If you cross the line, you stay there forever with me. 
People tell me through words or actions who they really are, whether they realize it or not.
Not hate, just disregard. You leave my world. Active Hate takes to much energy.
Boomie, Soupy n Rudy grudged.
If you got on there shit list, you stayed there for life.
god I miss those dogs.

Sometimes I think I miss good dogs that are gone more than people. 
There I go tryin to be correct for ya. Of course I miss my old dogs more than people.

In my youth I ran from my roots n who I really was.
From my teens to about age 50 I adopted city ways.
Problem was country kept slipping out around the edges.
I'd be doin a Pez show n get looks from a friend thinking I was being a little hoaky/country. 
In recent years I've dropped all the city n embraced my country roots.
I'm happier than I've ever been. 

There is absolutely no point in hiding from who you are.
I prefer to hang a lantern on my true self.
If folks don't like the real you, there really isn't much point in them, is there.
Being kinda a Hermit helps though.
I really don't need people.

My people come from Farwell Michigan.
My grandfather was the town drunk.
I'm an alcoholic, sober 45 years. 
I no longer run from who I am or where I come from, I embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment