Thursday, September 15, 2022

Single Horse Hay Feeder #horse #pezoutlaw #hollywood @pezoutlaw




If you are a manufacturer of horse feeders n would like to buy the rights to this feeder so you can commercially produce it for sale as a horse feeder at feed stores etc. $10,000.00 n I will sign over all rights. I will also show you how.

 
As weird as it might seem to others, this is my Art. I really enjoy creating things. I do this for the fun of it. 


bigger pics below

Each feeder takes roughly 3 to 4 hrs to make.
Pictures will be posted under/after this sentence.

Base
a skill saw is best for sectioning cuts


this is the base, you add at least a foot of rocks before assembling.
Middle section
cutting tops off barrels, let right side of saw guard hug rim edge.




feeder hole template


use seem to layout holes.









drill hole to start cut with jigsaw





save 1 cutout so you now have a template for future feeders





this section is pushed down into base. use a rubber hammer. lower lip of hole should be flush with top of base.
Cap











Stacked up.




fill base with 12 inches of rocks. then use rubber hammer to press middle section into base.



cap will easily slide onto top



cap should be flush with top of feeding hole.




Stand alone feeders 2 types. pole up n barrel only style.

Pole up stand alone feeder


wood 2x2s could be a problem with cribbers
I have not given up on the design for the pole feeder, just on the exposed wood poles. Some animals will n have cribbed the feeder in half. Roz n Got-it are very rare in that they have left the wood alone. The new design for this type feeder will be to put the poles inside 2" pvc poles. Just have to wait till I can afford to buy some poles.


barrel only


version 1 kinda ugly. added height extension rim to rim, with kinda ugly results. for version 2 I cut both rims off n just slid cap over. very nice. Oh by the way, that's Johnny boy.



version 2. removes cribber problem

I will as time goes by do a step by step with images. Version 2 actually takes 3 barrels, 50 or 60 zip ties and a pile of rocks to make. I've got to make 4 more for Cowboys pasture, he n dub are makin a hell of a mess.


hanging type feeders








Single horse hanging hay feeders

I like to provide a hay feeder for each horse in a pasture. That way nobobody gets bullied out of somewhere to eat. A very nice feature of all these feeders is that you save approx one bale of hay per month per feeder.

Another nice feature is that you can feed the feeder, keeping a good amount of food on hand for each horse at all times. I like to structure the content 2 flakes first cutting to one flake second. Except at night. I have a deal with my horses that every night it is 2 flakes second one flake first. Don't think for a minute that the horses don't notice.

For that matter don't think for a minute your horses don't note your manner when you are around them. Stupid gets Stupid. Steady, conversational and measure gets good behavior. My horses care how I feel about there behavior. I expect, so I get. I give endlessly to them n they see it.



results are in on version one of this type. bottoms collapse in when done this way. at a minimum barrel should be flipped so reinforced rim is on bottom. though I think I'm gonna add a rim to top after flipping on new ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment